PC/CP320: Physical Computing
There are many topics which are mentioned in this course, but which does not permit them being part of a lab. The objective of the exploration project is to independently investigate one of these topics and produce a circuit which demonstrates "proof-of-concept". Since technology advances so quickly, this independent investigation will be a normal activity for professionals in the field. For the integration project, students will work in groups of two or three.
Part of the value in illustrating "proof-of-concept" is to provide a practical example for other people. The deliverables for this project reflect that. They include:
- A very simple system, so that it primarily focusses on the topic of interest
- Well-written code which follows best practices so it is easy to follow
- A clear block diagram which is unambiguous and easy to understand
- A short video, showing the system in operation, with a voice-over explaining what is going on. Since online videos are becoming an indispensible tool for instruction, this is a common component of many tutorials
- A bibliography of a few (3-5) useful websites and/or online tutorials or videos, with a brief description of whay each has value
One of the goals of the exploration projects is to be produce a library for future students and others illustrating each of the topics with a working example, including all of the required components above, to make a practical introduction for anyone wishing to explore further.