Release Notes for Third Party Tools for MPLAB® X IDE
MPLAB X IDE v1.95
October 29, 2013
Table of Contents
MPLAB X IDE supports development tools from many different vendors. If you encounter problems using the tools with MPLAB X IDE, see the vendor website for more tool information. Also ensure you have the latest version of the tools and associated MPLAB X IDE plug-ins.
The plug-ins can be downloaded from the plug-in portal using the MPLAB X IDE plug-in manager. See the MPLAB X IDE documentation for how to install a plug-in.
Many third party tools and venders are listed on the Microchip third-party website (see next section). Others include:
Note: The 8-bit FreeRTOS is not supported by Microchip’s RTOS viewers.
· MPLAB X IDE supports the following Version Control programs under the Team menu:
· Subversion® (http://netbeans.org/kb/docs/ide/subversion.html)
· Mercurial (http://wiki.netbeans.org/MercurialVersionControl)
Through the use of external plug-ins, support for the following VC programs may be added:
· Microsoft® Visual SourceSafe® (http://wiki.netbeans.org/FaqVSSProfile)
· MATLAB/Simulink (http://www.mathworks.com/)
· Gimpel PC-LINT/MISRA (http://www.gimpel.com/html/pcl.htm)
Information on Third Party Development Tools and Design Resources may be found at:
A video that describes how to install and use the CCS compiler plug-in is available here:
· New webpage for third party tools and resources.