CP316: Microprocessor Systems and Interfacing
Rotary Pulse Generator
Shaft encoders are very common. The rotary pulse encoder uses a shaft
encoder. In this lab
- create a menu of at least 5 items
- display the menu on the LCD display
- scroll forward and back through the menu using the rotary pulse
- select an item with the pushbutton switch and indicate it on the
- Create a menu of at least five items, and have them display
consecutively with a reasonable time interval between.
Demonstration - show menu items
- Use the rotary pulse generator to move through he itmes, forward
and backward. If necessary, divide the count so that the amount of
rotation between items is reasonable.
Demonstration - using the rotary pulse generator to move
- Now use the switch, (SW3 on the schematic), to select an item.
Display the word
under an item when the switch is pressed. It should be that when the
button is released, the item remains selected until a different item
is selected. In other words, if you continue scrolling through the menu,
that item will appear as selected each time it shows up until you
select something else.
Demonstration - persistent selection
Wilfrid Laurier University
© 2015 Wilfrid Laurier University